A short drive from Bangkok for madness gay weekend. Each of the island beaches has different vibes and cater to different markets. Each of Koh Samet’s beaches are hidden in small bays (“AO” in Thai means bay). The busiest beaches on the island are Haad Sai Kaew, Ao Hin Khok and Ao Phai (the three main party beaches). All three have accommodation, bars and restaurants spread along with.
Beach Guide to Koh Samet
- Sai Kaew Beach (translated as Crystal Sand Beach) is the longest and busiest beach on Koh Samed, stretching about 1 km the beach is filled with resorts, restaurants and shops. This beach is home to many of the beach activities such as jet skis, banana boats and parasailing
- Ao Phai (pronounced “pai”) is a must-visit for any gay traveller as it is home to Silver Sands Bar and nightclub.
- Ao Tubtim located next to Ao Phai (2 mins walk) is the unofficial gay beach of Samet. This beach is home to the famous Tub Tims Resorts and is always popular with Gay Samet-ers during the day.
- Ao Nuan has a collection of simple bungalows surrounding a small quiet bay.
- Ao Wong Duean is the 2nd longest beach and most popular beach. This family beach has a collection of nice resorts and restaurants and some of the best sand on the island.
- Ao Wa, Ao Pakarang and Ao Kiew Na Nok are quiet smaller beaches located away from the nightlife and busier beaches. These are great for a romantic escape. If you are seeking a luxury escape check out Paradee Resort.
- Ao Prao (Ao Phrao) the only beach on the west cost of the Koh Samet . Again this beach is located far from the nightlife and is great for those seeking peace and private.
Tub Tim Koh Samet | Relaxed Gay Paradise
While Silver Sands is best of night time, Tub Tim Beach is perfect for a relaxed day time. The restaurant has a huge menu of amazing food including Thai and European food. The resort and bar are famous for its relaxed attitude to bring your own alcohol onto their tables. Don’t worry, if your own supply of alcohol dries up the bars prices are reasonable.
The resort’s huts (bungalows) are very popular too. Incredibly with 100 huts on-site the resort is still booked up months early for most weekends. Book early if you can because, like the restaurant, the huts are some of the cheapest on Koh Samet. The huts come in different classes ranging from just fan rooms to more luxurious beachfront locations with A/C and hot showers.
Gay Koh Samet
Tub Tim’s is on the gayest beach on Koh Samet and becomes the gathering place every weekend. There are tables of gay guys at the resort all day but the beach begins to get really busy around 4 pm and peaks just before the sun goes down around 7 pm. At its peak there could be up to 100 – 200 extremely buff gay men on the beach. This scale of gather only happens on Saturdays, especially on Thai holiday weekends.
|Best For||Gay beach weekend party|
|Location||Tub Tim Beach, Koh Samet|
|Open Hours||8 am – 11 pm, Daily|
|Review Updated||16 Aug. 2019|
Silver Sands – Koh Samet’s Best Gay Beach Party
At night time for gay travellers there is only one option on Samet – Silver Sands Resort and its dance club on Sai Keaw Beach. This is the main nightclub and the biggest gay bar on Koh Samet. The open-air club is part of the resort located right on the beach front. It gets busy every weekend with Bangkokers and expat spilling out on to the beach. Imagine Bangkok’s DJ Station, slightly nicer on a tropical beach here at Silver Sands Koh Samet.
|Best For||Best beachfront gay dance|
|Location||Sai Keaw Beach|
|Open Hours||10 pm – 1 am, Daily|
|Review Updated||19 Aug. 2019|
As Thailand’s political crisis changes hundreds of handsome soldiers were deployed onto the streets of the capital. Armed with their big guns, these peacekeepers are positioned to keep rival political demonstrations from clashing.
As always Bangkokers took the situation seriously. Its not like you get to take a selfie with an armed solider and hummer everyday? #SoldierCuteBoy & #ทหารหล่อบอกด้วย (show me a handsome soldier) began trending only hours after troops arrived on the streets.
Take a look at our hottest soldiers and the live Twitter feeds below: Hashtags #SoldierCuteBoy & #ทหารหล่อบอกด้วย (soldierhandsometellme)
Asian Mens’ Sizes | How do you Compare?
Ever wondered if you are normal sized, or always thought you were well endowed? Check out ASEAN DNAs new statistics of Asian Mens’ Sizes. Thai men didn’t fare too well, coming in at a tinny 4 inches only 0.2 inches from the smallest nation Korea, with South and North Korea both scoring a limp 3.8 inches.
However before you cancel your holiday to Thailand, the science behind the report isn’t that reliable. ASEAN DNA’s information is sourced from the user-generated content of Targetmap.com, which in turn referenced a couple of unreliable “health” sites.
But for now…get the ruler out and measure up!