21 Questions with Bachelor of the Week
Success, looks, status, and money, he has it all! We found the creme de la creme of a hot businessman. Gabriel, the Singaporean entrepreneur responsible for keeping Instagram’s hottest guys wearing the freshest underwear. Let see if this business hunk ticks your boxes 😉
“So, a lot of people ask me where I’m from, and here it goes. I was born in Singapore, moved to Hong Kong shortly after, lived in Hong Kong for 15 years, then moved to America (Boston) for a year, then Australia for 2 years and then back to Singapore for National Service. Both my parents are Chinese (so yeah, I’m fully Chinese). I founded The Jock Shop, a men’s online underwear store. I’m just about to launch my UK store and I’m pretty excited about it.”
Follow Gabriel @ghlu86
1. Living in?
Owner & Founder of The Jock Shop
4. Three apps which you are addicted to?
& GRINDR, I mean, why not?
5. Favorite part of your body?
It’s between my legs
6. Which part of a hot guy catches your eye the most?
7. Three things which will get you into bed?
Nice eyes, Nice smile
& clean sheets!
8. Your weirdest turn on?
9. The strangest place you have done it?
On the grass in the middle of the park
10. Three qualities in your perfect boyfriend?
11. Dealbreaker (Something he does which prevents you dating him)?
12. How long have you been single?
13. Three reasons to visit?
1. Singapore has the best food in the world, and if there’s one thing everyone has to try it is chicken rice – I mean, who doesn’t love it?
2. To visit me at The Jock Shop’s office and get some new underwear for yourself.
3. Garden’s by the Bay – the Super Trees, the Cloud Dome and the Flower Dome.
14. When is the best time to visit?
Best time to visit is around March/April – avoid the monsoon period and the newly found “haze” period
15. What’s your recommended must-do attraction?
Culture boys – visit little India, China town, Arab Street and Haji Lane.
Tantric, Taboo, DYMK and Zouk, there are for Party boys.
Food lovers – Best Ramen – Either Ramen Bari Umo on Tanglin Road or Ramen Santouka, 5-star chicken rice or Boon Tong Kee, Best Dim Sum/Chinese – Imperial Treasure Teo Chew at Ion
16. Favorite night to party?
17. Where would you go?
DYMK is a great place to chill
18. What’s special about it?
It allows you to talk to your friends without having to feel like you are being stared up and down by people around you. They also make really interesting cocktails, and events that are open to the public all year round.
19. Which neighborhood is best to stay in?
Somewhere around China town
20. What’s special about that neighborhood?
Lots of culture, plenty of good food and near Neil Road where the gay scene is at
21. If you were a tourist visiting which hotel would you stay in?
The Park Royal on Pickering – beautiful hotel with amazing views.
Compare prices of the best gay freindly hotels
Gabriel on coming out & life as a gay man:
“It was difficult. I came out when I was 14 to my best friend in High School. I felt comfortable and thought he would be fine with it, but when I told him, he just turned his back on me and never spoke to me again.
My life changed since I came out, I feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin, and I’m perfectly happy with who I am. Of course, my relationship with my parents may not be the best due to them being traditional Chinese parents, but I’ve accepted it and I’m glad I came out.
Well, because gay marriage isn’t recognized here in Singapore, it means if something was to happen to our partner we would not be able to visit them in the hospital (even if we were legally married). We would not be considered “family”. That’s a difficult part to being a gay man in my city.
There aren’t any parts of the gay lifestyle, such as parties, saunas, gay dating apps, I love it all! My favourite part of being a gay or living a gay lifestyle is that we get to have a lot more sex than straight people do! 😛 ”